At Gemini Blinds in Stockport we understand the full importance of protecting your little ones and ensuring safety in relation to window blinds and the cords used to operate them.
The cords of window blinds and curtains can pose a risk of strangulation to children. Cord loops on roller blinds, venetian blinds and vertical blinds can cause injury or death particularly to children under the age of three. As children grow so does their curiosity with the world around them. Basic household items, including window coverings, can turn into potential hazards. We consider Child Safety a top priority.
Buyers and users of blinds should be aware of the hazards that can be posed by unrestrained cords, braids, loop chains and wires, which may be hazardous to young children. The following guidelines should always be considered.
General Advice on Window Blinds
- Young children can be strangled by loops in pullcords, chains, tapes and inner cords that operate the product. They can also wrap cords around their necks.
- To avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of reach of young children.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from window covering cords.
- Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
- Install and use the included safety devices according to the installation instructions on these devices to reduce possibility of such an accident.